October 21, 2013

My maiden ascension



While many were intriguingly waiting before start line for the resuscitation of health walk, I was readying my undone bag pack. I felt rivulets of sadness oozing out of me for not being the part of nations occasion. To compensate the loss, I just contributed some cash in jubilation for the revival of long slumbered “move for health walk” program.

I have long before thought of scaling the mountain which stood before me enticingly. Ever since it caught my eyes, I have always wanted to mount and ride it.  But as I was not exposed to the place, my plan of conquering the miniature mountain failed many times. Sometimes it was the unexpected rain and other times it was the unavailability of friends that impeded me from the climbing. Had it been not for the above stated reason, I would have mounted it before. 

Finally on 19th October, my much awaited hope was turned into reality. 

The expedition began with loads of excitement, fueled up by enthusiasm and boosted by gentle rays of the sun. As we steadily descended the slope, a sense of impatience overwhelmed me to desperately ascend over the top but not until I have walked miles distance. On reaching the road point, we were fortunate enough to be picked up by a generous trucker. Within half an hour, we made it to the entry point of our maiden journey to which we plunged wildly, following the remnant of faint tread left by early mountaineers.

The night scene of Zhemgang
We soon departed from the comfort and embarked on our laborious climb. The snaking trail was loose and sticky, flanked from both the sides by lurking vegetation. It was unwelcoming initially. Often the paths need to be cleared and crawled on all fours. Slips, falls and clambering were risky but unavoidable.  All of us were determined to reach the destination regardless of numerous problems.

The incessant uphill hike was tougher with scorching sun oblique over us. It was bathing us in sweat, excavating the available energy out of us and even the weight of the cell phone was felt. Having arduously combated the difficulty, we were soaked fully in exhaustion. Until we were stronger enough to begin the next episode, we heaved the limpid air of relaxation brought about by the uninterrupted nature. 
An avalanche of cloud engulfing Zhemgang

The blazing sun stroke directly overhead, demanding more of fluids to be replenished but hardly anyone of us ceased to care. With strong stamina generated within us, it was yet another “move for health walk” in the middle of thickest forest cheered up by finely tuned cacophony of animals and insects. 

It was the race against the sun. By the time it was lunch, some of us were already feeble that we no longer could stride on further.
 Once again the priceless voyage began after the refueling. Soaring through the hills and combing through the valleys, the nature’s composition pleasingly left me awestruck. While silently enjoying its unwavering beauty of ridges and grooves, it also left some of us frustrated over the endless path. 

Far across the horizon the sun was ebbing away when we were ascending over the last hill. We failed to keep our words. Nevertheless, as we elevated higher and higher, the mountain which once allured me stood nervously before me like a timid girl. Plagued by its ingenious exquisiteness I almost forgot the pain of hard toil over the treacherous hill.

As I started to perch on the top, my muscles were almost stiffed and taut which barely left me fixed when it was just a step away from me. On reaching the top, the view overlooking the whole Zhemgang was majestic. It was beyond my wildest imagination. Hallucinated by the exotic beauty and tranquility of the view, I stood with every ounce of energy only to be barricaded by the twilight of the evening.

But sadly, I could not snap the shots like what my real eyes have viewed due to lack of appropriate camera. However, as a testimony of my love for photography, I have few shots framed in the post with my simple point and shoot camera. 

The hungry cloud frees after it has slaked off its thirst
I returned back with a promise to surmount it next year and capture it with my dream SLR camera, just like my eyes has been witness to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment